Monday, September 25, 2006

Mom?

I try to keep a political slant, even to the most personal of my posts here. But A---- and I are at a bit of a loss, despite all our best Google efforts, and I've decided to appeal to my readers for help.

Our child's going to have two mommies, and neither one of us wants to be called mommy. But what do we want to be called? And where to begin trying to decide? If anyone has resources for parental names, or specific suggestions/ideas, send them my way. If you click the "Comment" button below, you can send me your thoughts. And if you don't want me to actually post your comment, just say so, and I won't. So easy...!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We use Mommy and Mom-Mom. The Mom-Mom is what my partner and her siblings called their gramdmother -also you can actually find greeting cards that say Mom-Mom! We have some friends that tried to have their son use Ima, but he started saying "ahni" instead, which we figured out was his form of "honey" - the name he heard one mom call the other all the time. Our experience is that if you don't suggest something, they will make up their own name (and it may not be all that flattering!) - : )

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh- why don't you just throw the word "mom" out the window? that way when your child is talking about it's (god forbid) two moms, and using some other weird word for it, no one will know what the heck they are saying. also, when mother's day rolls around the child won't know what the heck to get you and will be totally confused and saddened. why don't you just schedule counseling sessions now?

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home